PADA values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we expect all players to uphold those values in their words and actions. For additional information, please read and reference the PADA DEI Language Glossary.
Safety precautions: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the following safety rules will be implemented. Please visit our mask update blog for more information.
- Players who are fully vaccinated may play without masks. Players who wish to play without a mask must self-report their vaccination status via the Vaccination Status Survey.
- Players who have not completed the vaccination status survey and certified that they are fully vaccinated must wear masks at all times (if masks need to be removed for water breaks, catching your breath, etc., please ensure you maintain a distance of 6ft from others).
- If your vaccination status has changed and you’d like to update your survey response please fill out the vaccination status survey and notify your league coordinators.
- Captains will be provided with their team roster, which will include player vaccination status. For those players who are partially vaccinated, their fully vaccinated date will also be included.
- Players who have not filled out the vaccination status form or who have indicated that they are partially/unvaccinated and refuse to follow mask guidelines will be removed from the league.
- To report a player for not following mask guidelines, please fill out the Mask Guideline Incident Form.
- All teams are allowed to call ‘Equipment Time-Outs’ to allow masked players to replace/adjust their mask should it come off during play. ‘Equipment Time-Outs’ will follow the same structure as a ‘Pick Call’.
- All teams will be allotted “Mask Time-Outs” for players to remove their masks and catch their breath during play. Each team will have 2 mask time-outs per half. Please note, social distancing guidelines should be followed whenever a mask is removed.
- Do not share food or water with other players. Pack more water than you anticipate needing.
PADA reserves the right to adjust these safety precautions at any time. Changes, updates, or other concerns regarding player safety will be communicated in a timely fashion. Outside of the above specified precautions, PADA will follow current CDC safety recommendations.
Overview: Fairmount Park Summer League (FPSL) is PADA's storied summer league. FPSL offers a great opportunity to keep yourself in shape, enjoy the PADA community, and play some fun and competitive games. Teams are formed by draft, in which captains draft the majority of players/baggage groups to their team. This is a competitive, outdoor, co-ed/mixed ultimate league open to all skill levels. All players ages 16* and up may register to play in this league.
*In compliance with new federal child protection laws, PADA will require all minors (16-17 year olds) playing in adult leagues to be accompanied by an approved adult at all games. Please reach out to league coordinators about all under-18 registrants.
Registration: Registration will open for all players on Friday, April 30th at 12PM. PADA will use the lottery system for this registration. Man-matching players must register by Thursday, May 6th in order to be entered in the lottery, reminder lottery means it is not first come first serve! Players may register in baggage groups of up to two (2) people total. Please contact the coordinators with questions, concerns, or special requests regarding baggage. Please see specific registration details below;
Registration details for woman-matching players:
Registration will open April 30th at 12 pm. Registration for all woman-matching players will close May 16th at 6 pm.
If you have already registered for PICL and would like to redeem a $20 coupon for registering for FPSL as well, apply the coupon code PICLwmp21 when you are checking out.
Cost: $90. There is a $10 Early-Bird discount for woman-matching players only when signing up before May 6th.
*Woman-matching players playing their first PADA league will receive a 50% discount off the registration fee, this should apply automatically. Please note that if we find you have created a new account to receive a first time women's discount, you will be placed on the waitlist while we combine your accounts and await payment for the remaining 50% of the registration fee*
If you are a woman-matching player and have already registered for PICL and would like to redeem a $20 coupon for registering for FPSL as well, apply the coupon code PICLwmp21 when checking out.
If there is a financial barrier preventing you from joining the league, please visit our Financial Assistance page.
*If you are currently impacted (financially or otherwise) by the current COVID-19 pandemic in a way that affects your ability to register within the lottery or registration window, please reach out to the Philly council ()
Location: Games will be held at Edgely, Chamounix, Memorial Hall, or the Ball Fields
Scheduling: The season will open with a week of preseason games on June 7th. Regular season games will take place Monday, Tuesday, and Friday evenings starting at 6:15 pm beginning the following week. Note that there may be Wednesday games during preseason and playoffs. Generally, teams will have one game per week, though it is possible some weeks will have two games scheduled. Preseason games not played due to rain will not be rescheduled. Regular season games postponed due to rain will be rescheduled to the coordinators' best abilities.
Important Dates: Round one of playoffs will take place on Monday, August 2nd and Tuesday, August 3rd. The second round of playoffs will be played on Monday, August 9th and Tuesday, August 10th. Finals weekend will take place on August 14th and 15th.
Perks: As an FPSL player, you'll receive a pinnie and disc for the season. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, PADA will NOT be hosting any league parties, sponsored events, or social gatherings. Your team will have one preseason game, approximately seven regular season games, as many as four playoff games, and finals weekend games (weather permitting).
Captaining: Want even more benefits? Consider captaining a team! Check out the FAQs for more info on captaining or email if you're interested. Please be advised that indicating interest in captaining is not a guarantee you will be chosen. While we encourage potential captains to find their own co-captain, we can help play matchmaker if needed.
FPSL Draft is tentatively scheduled for May 27th. Time and meeting information will be announced later.
Please reach out to us with any questions!
~Your FPSL Coordinators
PADA is thrilled to announce a partnership with longtime PADA member Gina Wherry! Gina has graciously agreed to contribute $200 to PADA for every closed real estate transaction between a PADA member (or their immediate family member) and her. Gina is licensed in Pennsylvania and serves the Greater Philadelphia market. She is as passionate about Ultimate as she is serving her real estate clients. Please reach out to Gina so we can all benefit from this partnership!